Abstract submission is now closed.
Note – Depending on the evolving COVID-19 situation globally, consideration will be given to remote presentation at this conference.
The Abstract must have no more than two A4 pages of text, tables/figures. This should clearly summarize your proposed presentation. All uploads must reach our online submission system before 1 December 2021.
In the online abstract submission system you should:
- Select one abstract topic, among 11 pre-defined themes of the conference
- Select your preferred presentation format: Full oral presentation, Poster presentation (5 min) or Poster exhibition
- Submit the outline abstract according to the template as an attachment with family name of the first author as the file name.
- Please remember to click the “Finish” button at the end of the process.
If the submission is successful, you should receive a confirmation email immediately by email. If you do not receive it, please contact the conference secretariat firstname.lastname@example.org .
Your outline abstract submission must be in plain English, clearly defining the objectives, status, methodology, findings and significance of the investigation or study. Your submitted outline abstract will be peer reviewed by international experts. Abstract selections are based on the scores and comments of those reviewers. Presenter decisions and author notification will be announced in March 2022.
Once the outline abstract is selected, at least one of the authors must register for the conference before Early Bird Registration deadline (1 April 2022) in order to be included in the conference program.
What to submit
Your initial submission must be in the form of an outline abstract, using the template, as described above.
You may submit as many outline abstract, as you want. However, no individual can present more than two platform/poster – the co-authors can present any further papers/posters.
Improving your abstract/paper
Three fundamental questions determine whether an abstract will be accepted onto the conference program: Is the work novel? Is it correct and well presented? Is it interesting? To improve your chance of success, consider the following criteria.
- Ensure that your abstract fits the selected conference topic and is relevant for experts and non-experts.
- Submit original content. Describe breakthrough technology, new concepts, and novel applications of established concepts, or improvements to existing theories (with new supporting data).
- Ensure that the work is well developed. If you can show concrete results that are well supported by data, your paper is more likely to be accepted.
- Clearly show how significant your work is. Your research must be relevant for your country, region or for other researchers and/or professionals working in your field.
- Prepare your outline with care, organize your material well, write clearly in plain English, prepare your graphics professionally, and make sure your information is accurate, up to date, and referenced.
Conference participants will receive a full digital proceeding with the final program. The abstract accepted for the conferences can be updated before published in the conference proceeding.
Based on the extended abstracts’ merit, the Water Safety Conference’s Scientific and Programme Committees will recommend that a list of authors to be contacted by IWA Publishing for full paper submission and peer review in one of the following journals:
- Water Supply
- Journal of Water & Climate Change
- Journal of Water & Health
IWA Publishing plans to publish these papers, subject to acceptance, in Special Issues within each journal and all together online in a Collection. If the extended abstract is considered for full paper submission, authors should use the following submission template and follow the Instructions for Authors for the individual journal they will submit to.
Please note that acceptance of a paper for conference presentation does not guarantee subsequent acceptance for journal publication, the final decision on journal publication lies with the journals’ Editor-in-Chief.
If you do not wish your paper to be considered for publication in a journal, please indicate this when submitting your abstract.
Full oral presentation
If you are selected for full oral presentation, you will be asked to give a 20-minute oral presentation at the conference during the selected session, and your submitted abstract is included in the digital proceeding.
If you are selected for a Poster presentation you will be asked to give a 5-minute poster presentation of your research at the conference during the selected session, but no questions will be asked, in addition to present you poster at the exhibition (see guidance below).
If you are selected for poster exhibition, you will be asked to present your poster during the conference exhibition.Poster presenters need to print their own poster and bring it to the conference.
If you have any enquiry, please email the conference secretariat at email@example.com